University of Windsor / FCA Canada Automotive Research and Development Centre
Lighting Research Facility
- The Lighting Research Facility is part of the University of Windsor/ FCA Canada Automotive Research and Development Centre (ARDC) designed to create a cooperative research and development facility with students, professors and engineers working together on automotive research initiatives.
- With dimensions of 24 X 98 metres and 7 metres in height, the 2,323-square-metre Lighting Research Facility is one of the largest of its kind in the world.
- The Lighting Research Facility was designed to develop new objective performance evaluation methods and, research and evaluate new advanced lighting systems in a controlled laboratory environment. The indoor evaluation facility simulates a two-lane roadway, including roadside markings and reflectors.
- The Lighting Research Facility has the most advanced light measurement equipment that allows for accurate quantitative lighting assessments.
- The Lighting Research Facility is also fully capable in Virtual Engineering of lighting systems