September 1, 2014,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
2015 Chrysler Group vehicles will allow customers to stay connected to the information they want and need while remaining focused on the road. Each vehicle comes equipped with a Uconnect system, which can provide drivers with a range of available communication, navigation and entertainment features or connected services.
Consumers can choose the Uconnect system that suits their individual needs. Drivers have the ability to make handsfree phone calls, receive turn-by-turn directions as they navigate to their location or stream Internet radio. Car and truck buyers have a variety of options to choose from, including:
Uconnect communication features:
Uconnect entertainment features:
- Handsfree calling: Simply push a button to receive an incoming phone call, or use your voice to place an outbound call.
- Voice-text reply: Once a compatible mobile phone is paired to the Uconnect system, drivers can also reply to a text message using 18 predefined messages
Drivers can enjoy music and information with a variety of entertainment options, which include:
Uconnect Navigation features:
- AM, FM, HD or satellite radio
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- CD Player
- SD Card
- AUX Port
- Drivers can use the switches on the back of the steering wheel, their voice, the touchscreen display or knobs and buttons to control a bevy of entertainment options.
Uconnect has partnered with the leaders in navigation to help ensure drivers know where they are, where they are going, and how long it will take to get there. Drivers have access to points-of-interest, well-designed maps and turn-by-turn directions that broadcast over the vehicle’s audio system. A Driver Information Display (DID) inside the instrument cluster also provides drivers with real-time, full color directions at a glance.
Uconnect Access: A suite of connected services
Uconnect Access via Mobile:
- Explore the next generation of in-vehicle connectivity with an included 6 or 12-month trialin properly equipped vehicles. Uconnect Access offers a variety of services leveraged by abuilt-in data connection
- Remote lock, unlock and start: Drivers can remotely lock or unlock their doors and start their vehicle from virtually anywhere in the U.S by using their smartphone or computer
- 9-1-1 or Assist Button: Located on the rearview mirror, drivers can get connected to emergency service providers, roadside assistance dispatchers and vehicle information specialists
- Yelp Search: Drivers looking for popular locations around them can use their voice to conduct a Yelp search
- Voice texting: With the voice texting service, drivers can use their voice to send, or reply to, a personal text message
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Vehicle owners can transform their vehicle into a Wi-Fi Hotspot on-demand for a day, week or month so passengers can check e-mail or browse news sites
With an included five-year trial, Uconnect Access Via Mobile is an extension of Chrysler Group’s Uconnect Access that allows customers to enjoy their personal Internet radio accounts and stream audio content using their own mobile device data plans. The result: a truly personalized listening experience.
Uconnect Access Via Mobile seamlessly brings four popular Internet radio apps into the vehicle:
- Aha by Harman
Customers purchasing any new 2015 Chrysler Group vehicle equipped with satellite radio receives
a one-year subscription to the SiriusXM service with access to the premium programming lineup, including every NFL game, Howard Stern, every NASCAR race, Oprah Radio and MLB Network Radio, plus access to SiriusXM Internet Radio of smartphone and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.
SiriusXM Travel Link and Traffic
Drivers using SiriusXM Traffic and SiriusXM Travel Link have access to a suite of services that include:
Control your Uconnect system, features and services your way
- Traffic speed: Color-coded roads on your navigation screen show traffic speed in major metro areas
- Accidents, construction and road closures: Receive traffic alerts, including accidents, disabled vehicles, construction, and road closures.
- Alternate route guidance and mapping: In-vehicle navigation systems and detailed traffic data allows drivers to choose alternate routes and receive updated directions to avoid congested roads
- Fuel prices: Get detailed information on fuel prices and the ability to sort by lowest price, fuel type, distance or brand names
- National weather information: Receive coast-to-coast weather data, including current conditions, five-day forecasts, and weather maps
- Sports scores: In-game and final scores, as well as weekly game schedules, for world-class professional sports and college programs
- Movie listings: Detailed local movie theater listings, including start times and ratings
The intuitive controls on your Uconnect system are easy to find and easy to use and help keep you focused on the drive – serving you the information you need, when you need it. Drivers can control their Uconnect system their way, using the touchscreen display, steering wheel-mounted controls, voice recognition technology or traditional knobs and buttons.
- Steering-wheel audio controls: Change from FM to satellite, from one channel to another, adjust the volume or change music tracks without ever taking your hands off the wheel. Rocker-switch buttons are mounted where your fingers rest on the backside of the vehicle steering wheel
- Touchscreen displays: Control navigation, entertainment, climate, and phone from one place. View album art and artist information, weather, or street maps and points of interest
- Voice Command: The available Uconnect Voice Command is a voice-activated communication system that allows drivers to operate their mobile phone, music and navigation system handsfree to stay focused on driving. When a compatible Bluetooth mobile phone is initially connected to the system, the phone book within a mobile phone is automatically downloaded, synchronizing as many as 5,000 phone book entries, which can then be selected by simply saying a contact name. The feature also allows drivers to switch radio modes, tune to SiriusXM Radio, AM, FM and HD and request real-time information, such as fuel prices, from the available SiriusXM Travel Link using natural voice commands. The handsfree option promotes driver focus, freedom, value and flexibility.
Bluetooth-equipped cell phones also feature Message Access Profile (MAP) with advance text-messaging that:
- Announces receipt of a text message
- Audibly identifies sender
- Reads the message
This industry-first voice recognition system uses the embedded connectivity to access cloud-based voice-recognition and enable advanced text messaging, which converts the spoken word into verbatim text messages. Communication is limited only by the user’s vocabulary.
Visit DriveUconnect.com to learn more about specific Uconnect systems, features or services available in the 2015 Chrysler Group vehicle lineup.