November 19, 2014,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
Building on the most award-winning new car ever, and celebrating its 60th
year, the 300 nameplate boldly takes the Chrysler brand design to new heights, thanks to its iconic exterior proportions with more sculptural style highlighted by a new, commanding Chrysler front-end and grille, and an even more inviting interior with expressive surfaces highlighted by new world-class technologies, emotional colors and materials.
“The Chrysler 300 has always been about the fusion of a powerful presence and the celebration of obtainable luxury. This combination of assets makes it a uniquely American proposition that we continue to expand on.” said Ralph Gilles, Senior Vice President — Product Design, Chrysler Group LLC. “For 2015 we dialed-up the 300 sedan’s noble personality; it has never been more impossible to ignore, while confidently American in style.”
Six decades of head-turning American style
Building on six decades of elegant American design, the new 2015 Chrysler 300 illustrates the brand’s new head-turning design sophistication through more sculptural and fluid forms, all while enhancing the sedan’s signature silhouette.
“Our new 300 sedan builds on the Chrysler brand’s new ethos of head-turning design that is attainable and timeless,” said Brandon Faurote, Head of Chrysler Brand Design. “Delivering on this philosophy, the team infused more fluid and elegant forms to the Chrysler 300 sedan’s iconic proportions, achieving a look that elevates America’s most distinguishable large sedan, while embracing the new design direction of the brand.”
At the front of the new 2015 Chrysler 300, a redesigned fascia features a more sculptured surface, taller more prominent grille with a unique dimensional texture and chrome grille surround. The grille contains the Chrysler wing badge, which appears to float within the dramatic grille texture and highlights the new “face of Chrysler.” Nestled below the upper grille is an elegantly drawn chrome Mobius strip, which outlines the lower grille opening and extends outward, surrounding the new optional LED fog lamps. This new Chrysler 300 design detail provides visual width, and gives the vehicle an athletic appearance consistent with the recently introduced Chrysler 200 sedan for a strong family identity. Highlighting Chrysler brand’s use of lighting technology are bi-functional projector beam headlamps, which offer adaptive forward lighting (AFL) to better illuminate road curves ahead, while integrated LED-illuminated daytime running lamps (DRL) form a “C” shape for an unmistakable brand identity. Below, new LED fog lamps are available and provide a crisp, clean and consistent white illumination and technical look.
From the side, unmistakably strong, yet subtly executed shoulder lines pay homage to the Chrysler 300 series design heritage and define the correlation between front and rear wheel arches. A high-beltline stays true to the Chrysler 300 sedan’s signature proportion, while its elegantly tailored chrome side window surrounds and available chrome mirrors hint at the luxurious interior within. Seven new wheel designs, ranging from 17 inches to a wider and wheel-well-filling 20 inches, provide the new 2015 Chrysler 300 with a planted, road-holding look.
Finishing the new Chrysler 300 sedan’s powerful rear stance is a new sculpted LED tail lamp with an illuminated halo, providing a unique signature appearance. A restyled rear fascia has a more fluid surface and features a tailored chrome fascia trim accent. Below, a new lower valance in black provides visual width and lightens the appearance of the sedan. Last, a pair of elegantly drawn polished exhaust tips, placed in the corners, gives the Chrysler 300 an upscale athletic appearance. These key design elements provide a visual tie to the all-new Chrysler 200 sedan, while keeping each models’ unique personality.
New expressive colors for the 2015 Chrysler 300 sedan include Velvet Red Pearl Coat, Maximum Steel Metallic Clear Coat and, for the athletic 300S model, Redline 3 Tri-coat Pearl. In addition, Billet Silver, Bright White, Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl, Gloss Black, Granite Crystal Metallic, Ivory Tri-coat Pearl, Jazz Blue Pearl and Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl.
Unmistakable proportions, with distinct personalities
Through its lifestyle-driven model lineup, the new 2015 Chrysler 300 illustrates its multiple styles and personalities from the unmistakable exterior proportions – now sculpted with an even more expressive appearance.
Chrysler 300 Limited and 300C
- The new 2015 Chrysler 300 Limited models exude elegance and refinement through the chrome grille surround, fascia accent details, as well as chrome side window surrounds. Chrome projector headlamps and accented LED tail lamps provide a premium look, while 17-inch (19-inch with all-wheel drive (AWD)) silver-painted aluminum wheels fill the wheel wells. Adding even more luxury style is the new 2015 Chrysler 300C with chrome mirror caps and door handles that hark back to the prestige of Chrysler brand’s original 300 “letter series” cars. Model-specific 18-inch polished wheels (19-inch with AWD) and LED fog lamps hint to the high level of standard equipment within.
Chrysler 300C Platinum
- Chrysler brand's S-models continue to be among the most sought after lineup of vehicles with an athletic style to match their sport-tuned performance – and for 2015, the new Chrysler 300S has an even more imposing presence. Outside, the Chrysler 300S features a monochromatic look with body-color door handles and fascia inserts. At the front, a new Black Chrome grille surround and lower Mobius strip are paired with black headlamp bezels for a discrete look. Model-specific Chrysler wing badges in Bright Chrome feature a black “Chrysler” center logo. Emphasizing the Chrysler 300S model’s iconic silhouette are Gloss Black daylight opening surrounds and the availability of a Gloss Black painted roof. Large 20-inch aluminum wheels (19-inch with AWD) are finished in Hyper Black and provide a more athletic stance. At the rear, unique 300S-specific LED tail lamps feature black bezels paired to a body-color fascia insert. And with the 363 horsepower 5.7-liter HEMI®V-8 engine, the new 2015 Chrysler 300S adds more sculptural side sills and a deck-lid spoiler.
An interior wrapped in American style and craftsmanship with world-class materials and technology
- As the top-of-the-line Chrysler sedan, the new 2015 Chrysler 300C Platinum is the ultimate in attainable luxury – rewarding its passengers with some of the finest appointments once limited to the privileged few. Large 20-inch (19-inch with AWD) fully polished aluminum wheels provide the Chrysler 300C Platinum with a planted and road-holding look. For a truly distinctive appearance, the satin look of Platinum Chrome highlights the upper grille, which contains a uniquely finished Luxury Black Chrome texture. Other Platinum Chrome accents include the lower Mobius strip, rear fascia accent, door handles and exterior mirror caps.
Inside the new 2015 Chrysler 300 passengers will be immersed in a sophisticated blend of hand-sculpted fluid shapes, high-quality and innovative material choices inspired by American cities, precision craftsmanship, state-of-the-art technology and thoughtful, clever features.
“To honor 60 years of this American icon and its ability to rival luxury imports, the design team made the Chrysler 300 sedan’s interior even more beautiful, comfortable and functional – all while having a greater emotional design impact through the use of premium materials and the latest state-of-the-art technologies,” said Klaus Busse, Vice President of Interior Design — Chrysler Group LLC. “From segment-exclusive quilted Indigo and Linen Nappa leather paired with hand-sanded open-pore matte wood exclusive to the new 300C Platinum, to the youthful and athletic combination of Piano Black accents, die-cast paddle shifters and Ambassador Blue leather within our 300S model – the newest Chrysler sedan rewards its passenger through provocative style and material combinations once limited to the privileged few.”
When designing the new 2015 Chrysler 300, the team incorporated unique design elements and utilized authentic materials in an honest way to create an interior identity that is comfortable yet beautiful. The new 2015 Chrysler 300 interior was designed using three key principles:
Emotional design impact crafted from high-quality world-class materials
- Make an emotional design impact through use of high-quality materials
- Include state-of-the-art technology
- Use interior space wisely
The design team for the new 2015 Chrysler 300 incorporated unique colors, materials and elements to create an interior identity for each model that is comfortable, yet beautiful and distinctively American.
La Jolla, California – Indigo / Linen
Manhattan, New York – Black
- As the pinnacle of the Chrysler brand's lineup, the new 300C Platinum offers an all-new and exclusive two-tone Indigo/Linen interior inspired by La Jolla’s ocean views lined by sandy expanses and unexpected coves. This sedan's interior environment features segment-exclusive use of quilted and perforated Nappa leather on front and rear seats. Highlighting this sedan's world-class level of craftsmanship and comfort are premium Nappa leather door panels with exclusive quilted inserts. Once limited to exotic sedans priced tens of thousands more, ultra high-end Foligno leather from Italian leather expert, Poltrona Frau, wraps the instrument panel and sides of the center console and is finished with French accent stitching. A two-tone Indigo/Linen leather-wrapped steering wheel is hand-stitched together and includes die-cast paddle shifters and a unique chrome accent ring to highlight the segment-exclusive 360-degree heated rim. Completing the interior environment is specially selected and hand-sanded natural pore wood stained in a matte-Mocha finish for greater beauty
- Model: Chrysler 300C Platinum
Detroit, Michigan – Black / Ambassador Blue
- The high-fashion and rock-'n'-roll edge of Fifth Avenue in New York City was the inspiration for the black leather interiors available in every Chrysler 300 model. Bright Chrome and Satin Chrome accents highlight the black leather environment. Model specific use of hydrographic and stitching accents include Charcoal Metallic and black stitching (300 Limited) and Matte Carbon and Silver stitching (300S), while real Black Olive Ash Burl wood with Bronze stitching is standard on 300C models. For a bespoke look, specially selected and hand-sanded natural pore wood is stained in a matte-Mocha finish and paired with black accent stitching
- Models: Chrysler 300 Limited, 300S, 300C and 300C Platinum
Sausalito, California – Black / Linen
- The tenacious, “never-say-die” spirit of Detroit was the inspiration for the 300S model's exclusive black with Ambassador Blue Nappa leather interior with industrious Silver accent stitching. For added detail, the center console armrest and door armrests are color matched to this model’s unique sport seats and feature French seamed stitching in silver. Exclusive use of Piano Black on the interior center stack, instrument panel, steering wheel, gauge cluster and door panel elements provide a uniquely lacquered and highly detailed appearance. Matte Carbon hydrographic accents and die-cast paddle shifters are also included
- Model: Chrysler 300S
Intuitive and well-integrated state-of-the-art technologies
- A city that projects "oneness" with its environment – Sausalito, California was the muse for the two-tone Linen and black interior. Inside a peaceful Zen is represented by the Linen and black materials. Bright Chrome and Satin Chrome accents highlight the environment while Charcoal Metallic hydrographic accents with black stitching and Black Olive Ash Burl wood with Bronze stitching accents provide 300 Limited and 300C models with a high level of craftsmanship
- Models: Chrysler 300 Limited and 300C
The 2015 Chrysler 300 was designed with thoughtful, state-of-the-art, high-tech features and amenities, which are intuitive and easy to use.
Strategically located between the large speedometer and tachometer gauges is an all-new 7-inch driver information display (DID), which features a full-color display and allows for customized vehicle information in the format the driver prefers. With steering-wheel controls, the DID can toggle between vehicle speed, turn-by-turn navigation, real-time fuel economy, audio driver assistance warnings, and safety and security functions, such as ParkSense rear park assist and Full-speed Forward Collision Warning- Plus, audio information and trip details.
Centered on the instrument panel is the latest and award-winning Uconnect 8.4A or premium 8.4AN system with navigation, which allows the driver to control the audio, climate controls, heated/ventilated seats and much more from the segment’s largest 8.4-inch touchscreen display, the redundant controls located below the touchscreen, or with voice commands. The touchscreen buttons are large and easy to see at a glance.
Taking a page from the all-new Chrysler 200, the new Chrysler 300 features the state-of-the-art fully electronic rotary gear die-cast selector knob, which is beautiful, as well as functional. Unlike a traditional transmission shifter, the rotary shift knob sits close to the center console surface, is ergonomically positioned and remains out of the way of the instrument panel’s center stack. At the back of the center console, two USB charging ports have been added for additional mobile device convenience.
Maximized interior space and storage
Attention to detail is prevalent throughout the new Chrysler 300, as no space was overlooked.
Interior cabin storage begins with a center armrest executed to ensure optimal use with the ability to slide fore and aft. Storage under the armrest provides access to a rubber-matted, flocked sliding change tray, flocked storage, and spring-capped media hub with auxiliary audio inputs and USB port for personal device connections.
Dual front cup holders are covered with a tambour door, and outfitted with LED-illuminated Sapphire Blue light rings and rubberized spring-finger pinchers to securely hold various sized beverage containers. Optional cooled/heated cup holders intuitively glow blue (cold) and red (hot).
Oversized pockets on all four doors integrate large bottle holders and grained surfacing, while a cubby bin located forward of the new rotary transmission shifter provides covered access, a rubberized mat, flocked surfacing, and ambient accent lighting. An oversized glove box incorporates a center-positioned light for even light distribution and an upper shelf for owner’s manual stowage.
To maximize rear passenger legroom, front seats feature sculpted seat backs to allow for nearly 1-inch (20 mm) of additional rear passenger knee room and premium appearance. Additionally, the Chrysler 300 sedan’s seat track location is optimized for maximum rear passenger foot space.