March 5, 2015,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
magazine today announced that the Ram 4500/5500 Chassis Cab truck has been named its 2015 Medium-duty Truck of the Year.
The announcement marks the second time in five years that the Class 4 and 5 Ram Chassis Cab has earned the publication’s top honor.
“Fleet managers today are looking for medium-duty trucks that deliver and the Ram 4500/5500 meets that requirement hands down,” said Sherb Brown, publisher of Work Truck
magazine. “The truck is tough and functional, and it doesn’t hurt that it’s great to drive. Congratulations to Ram on this well-deserved award.”
The winner of the Medium-duty Truck of the Year award is selected by readers of Work Truck
and Heavy Duty Trucking
magazines. Those readers are comprised of more than 100,000 operators of medium-duty trucks.
“As a full-line truck manufacturer, the commercial truck market is extremely important to Ram,” said Bob Hegbloom, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ram Brand, FCA - North America. “It’s an honor that the readers of Work Truck
and Heavy Duty Trucking
magazines have singled-out our Ram Chassis Cab trucks for this award. And we’re pleased to be recognized for delivering the attributes most important to business owners.”
Readers were asked to consider which models best fit their fleet requirements, including application effectiveness, durability, quality, servicing, maintenance and lifecycle costs. Eleven different trucks qualified for this year’s Medium-duty Truck of the Year ballot.
About Work Truck Magazine
Work Truck magazine, published by Bobit Business media, serves the needs of light- and medium-duty truck, van, and SUV fleet managers in commercial, delivery, service, vocational, utility, telecom, and public sector fleets. Visit www.worktruckonline.com
for more information.
About Ram Chassis Cab Trucks
Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cab trucks are the pinnacle of capability. Engineered and designed for extreme daily work, the Ram Chassis Cabs are products of a demanding environment and direct customer input.
Ram’s halo truck line focuses on delivering best-in-class capability and best-in-class total cost of ownership, a leading purchase reason among business owners. Ram Chassis Cab trucks offer the latest infotainment technology and exclusive upfit solutions, giving Ram Chassis Cab a competitive advantage. The Chassis Cab line goes further to offer an unsurpassed powertrain warranty of five years/100,000 miles.
“Chassis Cab trucks are the foundation of the Ram Commercial brands work-truck lineup,” added Ram Truck Brand President and CEO Hegbloom. “Ram Chassis Cab trucks are hard workers. They offer a best-in-class Gross Combined Weight Rating of 37,500 pounds, best-in-class towing capability of 29,600 pounds, best-in-class frame strength and best-in-class fuel capacity.”
The Ram Commercial Truck brand will continue to expand its presence in the vocation truck segment by enhancing the capabilities of Ram’s Tradesman series of trucks from half-ton to Class 5, establishing a network of 900 commercially focused dealers, expanding commercial and vocational marketing efforts and leveraging Fiat Professional to bring proven commercial vans to North America.
The 2015 Chassis Cab best-in-class capability ratings:
- Best-in-class Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR)
- Best-in-class towing (4500 and 5500)
- Best-in-class front Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) on 4500 and 5500
- Best-in-class rear frame steel strength of 50,000 psi
- Best-in-class crew cab “curb to curb” turning diameter for 3500,4500 and 5500
Features include a number of industry exclusives:
- Vehicle system interface module (VSIM) is capable of communicating between aftermarket modules and various Chassis Cab control modules
- Electronic stability control (ESC) on all models
- Best-in-class, dual fuel tank capacity of 74 gallons (52-gallon tank plus 22-gallon tank)
- Best-in-class 15,000-mile oil change intervals on Cummins diesel
- Largest-in-class brakes
- Best-in-class dual alternator systems up to 440 amps
- Exclusive backup camera and parking sensors for upfitter positioning
- Unsurpassed powertrain warranty – five years/100,000 miles
Ram Chassis Cab engineers design trucks for upfits and develop unique features to ease installation of multiple systems and bodies without interference or difficult relocation of components, including:
Ram Truck Brand
- Industry standard frame lengths of 60, 84, 108 and 120 inches
- No components or lines above the rear frame rails
- Through-the-frame plumbing and electrical
- Diesel exhaust fluid tank (DEF) refill port is conveniently located at the rear of the cab on the driver’s side to ensure easy access at fuel stations
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks - the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab and ProMaster - the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmark for:
- Best-in-class standard horsepower
- Segment-first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Most luxurious: Ram 1500 Tungsten with real metal and leather elements and a new 14.5-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with a double wishbone front suspension and five-link solid rear axle with available, segment-exclusive, active-level, four-corner air suspension
- Best-in-class available rear leg room
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
The latest J.D. Power APEAL study
, which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles, named the 2023 Ram 1500 as the best full-size light-duty pickup.
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com