August 31, 2015,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 provides drivers and passengers a beautifully crafted car with an elegantly simple style, an exhilarating driving experience, state-of-the-art and easy-to-use technology, 60 advanced safety and security features and fuel economy ratings of up to 36 miles per gallon (mpg.) The 2016 Chrysler 200 is the mid-size sedan for customers who have earned a little luxury in their life, but demand value for their money.
2016 is the 90th
year of Chrysler as a brand. To celebrate, a 90th
Anniversary Package is being produced for the 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited model. The special edition package reflects the tenets of the Chrysler brand – a car that is packed with features that customers value, at a price they appreciate.
In addition to the standard features on the 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited model, the 90th
Anniversary Package adds as standard equipment: 8.4-in. touchscreen radio with Uconnect Access and SiriusXM Radio, a sunroof, Convenience Group (one-year SiriusXM Radio, body-color power heated mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel, power four-way driver lumbar adjust, power eight-way driver seat and sun visors with illuminating vanity mirrors), front floor mats with Chrysler Anniversary logo and unique Chrysler Anniversary screen logo on the 8.4-inch touchscreen.
Also new for the 2016 model year, Chrysler fine-tunes the 200 lineup in response to customer feedback. Changes include:
- Rear backup camera is now standard equipment on the Limited and S models
- Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection are available as a standalone option on the Limited models
- The 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine is now optional for Limited models
- Heated steering wheel is a standard feature on 200C models
- Front driver and passenger seat firmness has been improved
- Three new exterior paint color choices for the 2016 model year:
- Black Forest Green Clear Coat
- Maximum Steel Clear Coat
- Redline Tri-coat Pearl Coat
For 2016 Chrysler 200 vehicles equipped with the 8.4-inch touchscreen, Uconnect is introducing new features that include the all-new Drag and Drop menu bar, Siri Eyes Free and Do-Not Disturb.
- Drag and Drop Menu Bar: Chrysler 200 owners now have the ability to personalize their touchscreen controls to fit their lifestyle and have one-button access to the features and services they value most. From Travel Link and Yelp to heated or cooled seats, drivers now can simply drag their favorite feature or service icon from the apps menu and move them to their Uconnect system’s main menu bar
- Siri Eyes Free: An extension of voice recognition via the voice button on the steering wheel and compatible with an Apple iPhone 4s or later, with Siri Eyes free, drivers can speak natural language voice commands to send text messages, play music, dictate and send emails, set reminders, place phone calls and access turn-by-turn directions. Driver’s will simply push and hold the voice recognition button on the steering wheel until the Siri screen appears on the 8.4-inch touchscreen and hear the audible tones
- Do Not Disturb: Vehicle owners who prefer not be interrupted with phone calls or text messages while driving can choose to turn on the new “Do Not Disturb” and “Reply with Text Message” feature. Located within the Uconnect system’s phone screen, once enabled with a the push of a button or via voice command, the Do Not Disturb icon will route all incoming mobile calls to voicemail and suppress text messages. If the vehicle owner chooses to enable the Do Not Disturb feature, they also have the ability to send a default or customized response once a call or text message is received.
Since the introduction of the all-new Chrysler 200 in the spring of 2014, the car has resonated with consumers with steadily increasing sales. Sales of the all-new Chrysler 200 are outpacing the combined sales of the outgoing Chrysler 200 and Dodge Avenger.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 delivers a beautiful exterior design, a thoughtful, exquisitely crafted interior and an exceptional driving experience, complements of a segment-first nine-speed automatic transmission and the Compact U.S.Wide (CUS-wide) chassis. With the choice of two world-class engines, an innovative all-wheel-drive system, available sport mode and paddle shifters for an engaged driving experience, and estimated highway fuel economy of 36 mpg, the 2016 Chrysler 200 makes the commute something drivers will look forward to.
For peace of mind when driving, the 2016 Chrysler 200 offers 60 available safety features and state-of-the-art, easy-to-use technology that keeps drivers and passengers connected.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 sedan will offer consumers ten different exterior color choices from which to choose: Velvet Red Pearl Coat, Vivid Blue Pearl Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat, Billet Silver Metallic Clear Coat, Black Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat, Deep Forest Green Clear Coat, Maximum Steel Clear Coat, Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl Coat and Redline Red Tri-coat Pearl Coat.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 is designed, engineered and built with pride in Michigan. With a major investment of more than $1 billion, FCA US Sterling Heights (Michigan) Assembly Plant (SHAP), once slated for closure, sports an all-new paint shop using leading-edge technology, a new, fully robotic body shop and an upgraded assembly area, setting the stage for the world-class craftsmanship found in the all-new 200.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 competes in the mid-size sedan segment, one of the largest segments in North America, with more than 2 million sales annually. Roughly one of every six new vehicles sold in the United States is a mid-size sedan.
The primary customer for the all-new 2016 Chrysler 200 is motivated to succeed and works hard. The buyer is smart about what they purchase, but is willing to pay more for high quality. They want a vehicle that matches their achievements; one that is practical yet advanced and has an interior with a wow factor.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 customer is split with roughly 57 percent of the customers male and 43 percent of the customers female. The primary customer has a median age of 35 and a median household income of $76,000. They are a college graduate and married without children at home.
Consumers can choose from four models for the 2016 Chrysler 200: 2016 Chrysler 200 LX model, Chrysler Limited model, Chrysler 200S model and the premium Chrysler 200C.
The 2016 Chrysler 200 will arrive in dealer showrooms in the third quarter, 2015.
2016 CHRYSLER 200 MODEL LINEUP
2016 Chrysler 200 LX
The Chrysler 200 LX model delivers a simple, elegant design, world-class craftsmanship, fuel economy estimated at 36 mpg highway and standard features not typically found on an entry level mid-size sedan: a segment-exclusive nine-speed automatic transmission, state-of-the-art electronic shifting with rotary dial, electronic park brake with SafeHold and an innovative center console with sliding cup holders and concealed charging/media center and center pass-through.
The 200 LX model is powered by the new 2.4-liter MultiAir®
2 Tigershark I-4 engine, which produces 184 horsepower and 173 lb.-ft. of torque, delivering excellent fuel economy of 36 mpg highway. It is mated to the segment-exclusive nine-speed automatic transmission.
Standard equipment includes: Compact U.S. Wide (CUS-wide) platform and high-strength steel body; full electronic gear shifting with rotary e-shift knob; electric power steering; keyless entry with panic alarm; Keyless Enter ‘n Go with push button start; air conditioning with micron filter; premium cloth bucket seats; manual six-way driver’s seat adjust; six-way manual adjust passenger seat with height adjuster; 60/40 split rear passenger seat with trunk pass-through; full center console with driver/passenger pass-through and sliding cup holder; 12-volt power outlets in media center charging station and front-passenger side of the center console; audio jack input for mobile devices; remote USB port; front center sliding armrest; rear-seat armrest with storage cup holders; Uconnect 3.0 AM/FM radio with four speakers; steering-wheel-mounted audio controls; urethane steering wheel; tilt/telescopic steering column; front-seat-back map pockets; overhead incandescent map lights; ambient LED interior lighting; passenger assist handles; rearview day/night mirror; sun visors with vanity mirrors; mini overhead console; standard instrument cluster with tachometer; speed control; variable intermittent windshield wipers; dual-note electric horns; lit, locking glove box; eight standard air bags; electronic stability control; traction control; four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes; brake assist; front-seat active head restraints; rear-seat head restraints in all three seating positions; electronic park brake with SafeHold; tire-pressure monitoring display; solar-control glass; tinted windshield glass; body-color power mirrors; power windows with driver one-touch up/down; speed-sensitive power locks; Eco-driving feedback display; LED tail lamps; front, halogen, automatic headlamps with headlamp off time delay; daytime running lamps; security alarm; body-color fascia; bright grille; body-color door handles; underbody aerodynamic treatment; 600-amp maintenance-free battery; 160-amp alternator; 17-inch steel wheels with wheel covers; inflator tire service kit and 15.8-gallon fuel tank.
Optional equipment and packages for the 2015 Chrysler 200 LX available: Uconnect 5.0 touchscreen AM/FM media center.
2016 Chrysler 200 Limited model
The 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited model is the volume model for the 200 lineup and is packed with a surprising amount of standard and available features. The 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited model includes all the standard equipment found on the LX model as well as: bi-function halogen projector headlamps; Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM, Bluetooth, touchscreen media center; ParkView rear backup camera, power front driver and passenger windows with one-touch up/down; compass gauge, front courtesy/map lights; six-speakers; compact spare tire and 17-inch aluminum wheels.
Optional equipment and packages on the Chrysler 200 Limited model includes: 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, which produces a best-in-class 295 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque; Blind-spot Monitoring and Rear Cross Path detection; power sunroof; 18-inch aluminum wheels; Convenience Group and Comfort Group.
2016 Chrysler 200S model
The 2016 Chrysler 200S model offers a distinctive, more sinister style and sportier driving experience. The 200S model features the standard equipment of the Limited model as well as: black cloth seats with Ambassador Blue leather trim; power, eight-way driver seat; leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls; steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters; deluxe door-trim panel; fog lamps; gloss black exterior accents; gloss black daylight opening trim; dual bright mold-in-fascia exhaust tips; 200S badge; acoustic windshield glass and front-side door glass; power, heated fold-away mirrors; rearview mirror with microphone; performance, sport suspension; 3.251 final drive ratio; 730-amp maintenance-free battery and 18-inch aluminum wheels.
Optional equipment and packages include: 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, which produces a best-in-class 295 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque; all-wheel drive; Ambassador Blue premium leather interior, dual-pane panoramic sunroof; 19-inch Hyper Black aluminum wheels; Premium Lighting Group and Navigation and Sound Group.
2016 Chrysler 200C model
The 2016 Chrysler 200C model provides the discerning customer premium amenities at an affordable price point.
The 200C includes the standard equipment of the 200S model as well as premium Nappa leather seats; heated front seats; six-way power passenger seat; premium 7-inch full-color driver information display instrument cluster; remote start; heated steering wheel, rearview auto-dimming mirror with microphone, sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, premium door trim panels; two-door passive entry; dual-zone automatic temperature control with front and rear climate control outlets; universal garage door opener; humidity sensor; footwell courtesy lamps; exterior mirrors with supplemental turn signals; chrome exterior accents; bright door handles; hidden exhaust; four-wheel independent touring suspension and 17-inch aluminum painted wheels.
Optional equipment and packages include: 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine, which produces a best-in-class 295 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque; all-wheel drive; Mocha premium leather interior, dual-pane panoramic sunroof; 19-inch aluminum wheels; SafetyTec Package; Premium Group; Navigation and Sound Group and Premium Lighting Group.
Optional package content:
- Comfort Group Limited Model: Includes air conditioning with dual zone temperature control, heated front seats, humidity sensor, rear air conditioning and heat ducts, auto-dimming rearview mirror and remote start system
- Comfort Group S Model: Air conditioning with dual zone temperature control, heated front seats, humidity sensor, rear air conditioning and heat ducts, auto-dimming rearview mirror, remote start system, heated steering wheel and driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Convenience Group: Leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, one-year SiriusXM Radio service, power eight-way driver’s seat, power four-way driver lumbar adjust, sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors and body-color power, heated mirrors
- Navigation and Sound Group: Uconnect 8.4AN AM/FM, Bluetooth with 8.4-inch touchscreen display; Uconnect Access; HD radio; GPS Navigation; rearview auto-dimming mirror with microphone, 506-watt amplifier and nine speakers and subwoofer; SiriusXM Travel Link; SiriusXM Traffic and with the 200S model, premium 7-inch full color driver information display instrument cluster
- Premium Group: Premium, perforated Nappa leather seating with ventilated front seats; two-tone leather steering wheel with audio controls; genuine open pore wood with bronze chrome accents; radio/driver’s seat/exterior mirrors with memory; 115-volt power outlet and luxury door trim panel
- Premium Lighting Group: HID headlamps with LED daytime running lamps and LED fog lamps
- SafetyTec Group: Adaptive Cruise Control-Plus with Stop and Go; Advanced Brake Assist; Forward Collision Warning-Plus, which will bring the vehicle to a stop at low speeds in certain conditions; LaneSense Departure Warning-Plus with lane keep assist, ParkSense Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist; rain-sensitive windshield wipers and SmartBeam headlamps
- Uconnect 5.0: 5.0-inch touchscreen display; Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth; rearview mirror with microphone and GPS antenna input
The Chrysler brand has delighted customers with distinctive designs, craftsmanship, intuitive innovation and technology since the company was founded in 1925. The Chrysler Pacifica continues to reinvent the minivan, a segment Chrysler invented, with an unprecedented level of functionality, versatility, technology and bold styling and the most advanced available all-wheel-drive system in its class. The available innovative hybrid powertrain takes this revolutionary vehicle a step further. It’s the first electrified vehicle in the minivan segment and achieves more than 80 MPGe in electric-only mode, has an all-electric range of more than 30 miles and a total range of more than 500 miles. Chrysler Voyager offers fleet owners a budget-friendly minivan that also provides a well-equipped, exceptional driving experience. The Chrysler 300 lineup delivers on the brand’s promise of iconic and elegant design executed with world-class performance, efficiency and quality – all at an attainable value. Chrysler is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Chrysler and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Chrysler brand: www.chrysler.com