FCA Canada: 2018 Dodge Grand Caravan Overview
August 31, 2017,
The Dodge Grand Caravan continues its tradition of offering customers style, versatility and added features at an outstanding value. Since FCA US LLC invented the minivan segment 35 years ago, the innovative Grand Caravan has introduced nearly 80 segment firsts, including ParkView rear backup camera, Stow ‘n Place roof rack and selectable fuel economizer mode. One innovation that continues is the Grand Caravan’s industry-exclusive Super Stow ‘n Go seating, which can be easily operated with one hand, allowing users to convert from carrying seven to hauling cargo in a matter of seconds. The Grand Caravan is equipped with more than 65 standard and available safety, security and technology features.
- Standard award-winning 3.6-litre Pentastar V-6 engine delivers 283 horsepower without a penalty at the gas pump, getting up to 9.4 L/100km (30 mpg) highway
- More than 65 standard and available safety, security and technology features include standard front seat-mounted side air bags, a driver-side knee blocker air bag, three-row side-curtain air bags, electronic stability control (ESC), tire-pressure monitoring, daytime running lights (DRLs) and remote keyless entry. The available Safety Sphere Group includes the ParkSense rear park assist system, automatic headlamps and Blind-spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path detection
- The Grand Caravan Canada Value Package (CVP) is the entry-level model and offers a number of standard features, including remote keyless entry, power locks and power front windows, power heated mirrors, luxury steering wheel with audio and cruise controls, third-row Stow 'n Go 60/40 split-folding seats with tailgate seating as well as safety features like Trailer Sway Control, Electronic Stability Control, seven airbags and daytime running lights
- The 2018 Grand Caravan SXT adds second-row Super Stow 'n Go, fold-in-floor bucket seats, easy-clean floor mats, Black Stow 'n Place roof rack system, body-colour bodyside moulding and deep tint sunscreen glass and continues to feature the popular SXT Plus Package, offering well-liked features at a sizable value, including 17-inch Tech Silver aluminum wheels, body-colour sill applique, power front windows with driver’s 1-touch up and down, power second-row windows, and power third-row quarter-vented windows
- The Grand Caravan SXT Premium Plus offers added content at a great value with standard 17-inch polished wheels with Granite Crystal pockets, body-colour mirrors, Chrome belt mouldings and Stow ‘n Place Roof Rack, leather seats with suede inserts and silver accent stitching, air conditioning with tri-zone manual temperature control, automatic headlamps, fog lamps, power 10-way driver seat
- The Grand Caravan GT is where versatility meets performance and attitude, offering a unique performance suspension, distinctive monochromatic exterior, 17-inch polished aluminum wheels with Gloss Black pockets, premium leather interior with red accent stitching, plus amenities like a nine-speaker audio system, 6.5-inch touchscreen radio with navigation, ParkView rear backup camera and remote start. The Driver Convenience Group is also standard on the GT model and includes features like window shades, three-zone automatic temperature control, heated front and second-row seats, heated steering wheel, Bluetooth streaming audio and overhead storage bins
- The Blacktop Package, an exclusive customized blacked-out appearance first introduced in 2014, continues to be available on SXT models for 2018. The Blacktop Package includes 17-inch polished aluminum wheels with Gloss Black pockets, a Gloss Black grille, black headlamp bezels, an all-black interior, including headliner, door panels and console, unique black seats and door trim panels with silver accent stitching, a leather-wrapped steering wheel with silver accent stitching and a leather shift knob
- The Ultimate Family Experience includes a second-row DVD entertainment system, Uconnect Hands-free, SiriusXM satellite radio, 17-inch aluminum wheels, air conditioning with tri-zone manual temperature control and power second-row windows.
For 2018, the Dodge Grand Caravan lineup consists of six models:
Available Exterior Colours:
- SXT Premium Plus
- Crew Plus
Available Interior Colours:
- Billet Metallic
- Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
- Bright White
- Octane Red
- Granite Crystal Metallic
- Indigo Blue (new for 2018)
- Black/Light Greystone
Founded as the Chrysler Corporation in 1925, FCA Canada Inc. is based in Windsor, Ontario, and celebrates its 96th anniversary in 2021. FCA Canada is a wholly owned subsidiary of FCA, a North American automaker based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and member of the Fiat Chrysler Automobiles N.V. (FCA) family of companies. FCA Canada has approximately 440 dealers that sell Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT and Alfa Romeo products, as well as SRT performance products. The company also distributes Mopar and Alfa Romeo parts and accessories. In addition to its assembly facilities, which produce the Chrysler Pacifica, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, Chrysler Voyager and Chrysler Grand Caravan (Windsor) and Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Challenger (Brampton), FCA Canada operates an aluminum casting plant in Etobicoke, a research and development centre in Windsor, and has sales offices and parts distribution centers throughout the country.