August 17, 2020,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
Designed to be the most technologically advanced pickup ever, the new 2021 Ram 1500 TRX is loaded with an array of innovative features combined with the award-winning fourth-generation Uconnect system that offers convenience and connected services, keeping Ram truck customers engaged and informed all while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road or desert path ahead.
The 2021 Ram 1500 TRX’s high-tech features include a class-exclusive and easy-to-use 12-inch fully configurable touchscreen display, SiriusXM with 360L and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora, personal device integration and the finest audio system ever available in a pickup – Harman Kardon with 19 speakers.
Fourth-generation Uconnect system
The fourth-generation Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display includes performance improvements with faster startup time and enhanced processing power, multi-touch gestures, vivid imagery, sharper graphics and the ability to support smartphone integration. Uconnect systems provide Ram customers with a range of features and connectivity options to best suit their needs.
Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display
The 2021 Ram TRX features a bonded, flush 12-inch reconfigurable touchscreen with tailor-made graphics for the TRX and state-of-the-art connectivity. Personalization is made easy with the split screen, operating two different applications for desired configuration, such as Apple CarPlay and HVAC controls, or one application, such as navigation across the entire 12-inch touchscreen. Available on the new Ram TRX is a 360-degree Surround View Camera system, providing a birds-eye view via four cameras positioned around the vehicle to create a fully stitched image. Customers who prefer not to use the touchscreen for HVAC will find redundant controls located on both sides of the display for convenience.
The class-exclusive Uconnect 12-inch display also features the next level of audio entertainment, including SiriusXM with 360L and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora, delivering a personalized listening experience with more variety, smart content recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand audio content.
The new Ram TRX offers a one-year SiriusXM All Access audio subscription, a one-year SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services subscription, 4G Wi-Fi hotspot capability with a one-gigabyte/three-month subscription, and five-year subscriptions to SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Traffic Plus.
Additional features of the Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration
- Full-feature navigation system with one-step voice destination entry
- 3D landmarks
- Uconnect smartphone app gives control of select Ram TRX features wirelessly with ease
- USB and auxiliary port capability
- Integrated voice command
- Bluetooth hands-free calling
- HD Radio
Uconnect fourth-generation system with 12-inch display also includes:
- Drag and Drop menu bar: FCA vehicle owners can personalize their touchscreen controls to fit their lifestyle and have one-button access to the features and services they value most. Drivers can simply drag their favorite feature or service icon from the apps menu and move them to their Uconnect system’s main menu bar
- Do Not Disturb: Vehicle owners who prefer not to be interrupted with phone calls or text messages while driving can choose to turn on the “Do Not Disturb” and “Reply with Text Message” feature
- Siri Eyes Free: Via the voice button on the steering wheel, and compatible with Apple iPhone 4s or later with Siri Eyes Free, drivers can speak natural language voice commands to send text messages, play music, set reminders, place phone calls and access turn-by-turn directions
- SiriusXM Tune Start: Customers can start songs from the beginning when switching between their favorite pre-set satellite radio channels
Performance Pages app gives drivers the tools necessary to become familiar with their vehicle’s performance. The app provides access to real-time vehicle performance information, including timers (such as 0 to 60 mph elapsed time), g-force, gauges and engine performance. This data can be downloaded to a USB stick, allowing for easy sharing of driving performance. Owners can also download data to the web. The introduction of the Ram TRX marks the first time the Performance Pages feature is available on an FCA vehicle equipped with the Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display.
Off-Road Pages app displays ride height, transfer case position, vehicle pitch and roll and accessory gauges. The app is accessible through the 7-inch TFT cluster or Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display. The introduction of the Ram TRX marks the first time the Off-Road Pages feature is available on an FCA vehicle equipped with the Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display.
As part of the available 360-degree Surround View Camera system, a forward-facing off-road camera allows obstructions ahead on the trail to be easily seen. The front camera sits under the crossbar that dissects TRX’s grille and can be accessed through the available Off-Road Pages.
Digital rearview mirror
New for 2021, TRX offers a digital rearview mirror option to replace the traditional rearview mirror with a 9.2-inch wide LCD monitor. The digital rearview mirror displays video in real time from a rear-facing camera and can be turned off to revert back to a traditional reflective mirror.
SiriusXM with 360L and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora
SiriusXM has transformed in-car audio entertainment with SiriusXM with 360L and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora, delivering a personalized listening experience with more variety, smart content recommendations and thousands of hours of on-demand streaming audio.
SiriusXM’s enhanced experience for drivers and their passengers delivers SiriusXM content via both satellite and on-demand streaming to Ram TRX models and the standard configurable 12-inch touchscreen. Owners will receive a one-year SiriusXM All Access subscription with the purchase of a properly equipped 2021 Ram TRX.
SiriusXM with 360L and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora enable Ram TRX drivers and passengers to discover more of what SiriusXM offers based on their listening preferences, including exclusive SiriusXM on-demand programming available in the dashboard.
Benefits of SiriusXM with 360L and Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora
Personalized Stations Powered by Pandora:
- Ram truck owners with a SiriusXM All Access subscription, using the SiriusXM with 360L platform on their Uconnect 12-inch touchscreen, can create their own ad-free music stations based on the artist they are listening to
- On their touchscreen, subscribers can then give songs a thumbs up or thumbs down within the SiriusXM service, or even skip songs, to create their own personal channel that plays more of what they want
- Sports notifications enable the subscriber to select their favorite teams and get an on-screen notification when their team’s game is on, then easily tune into that game with the touch of a button
- More channels (now 200+) available to listeners on their Uconnect 4C NAV with 12-inch display, including many channels previously only available online
- Access to thousands of hours of recorded on-demand programming in the vehicle, including shows, interviews and events, giving the listener more of what they want, when they want to hear it
- Enhanced sports play-by-play makes it easier for the listener to find their favorite teams when it is game time, giving them access to the official broadcasts for more pro and college teams
A more personalized experience:
- Smart content recommendations enable listeners to discover more of what they love, based on listening habits displayed on the touchscreen in an easy-to-use way
- Dynamic user interface allows for easy navigation between channels, shows, and both live and recorded content
- Individual listener profiles allow multiple drivers and passengers to customize and maintain their own presets and favorites
- Profiles can be synced with listener’s mobile phone to seamlessly access their favorites and pick up listening where they left off in the car on select content
Ease of use:
Most powerful audio system in a pickup
- Drivers and passengers can use their voice to search SiriusXM’s extensive library of content, or they can sit back and let “For You” recommendations serve up great content choices
- Subscribers can manage their account, renew their subscription and contact SiriusXM through the touchscreen on the dash when the vehicle is parked
The new 2021 Ram TRX offers an audiophile-quality audio system to immerse passengers in the ultimate sound experience, including Alpine and a class-exclusive premium Harman Kardon audio system with 19 speakers and a 10-inch subwoofer – the finest and most powerful audio system available in a pickup.
Premium Harman Kardon 12-channel, 19-speaker audio system includes:
New 7-inch driver information display
- Three 3.5-inch and 1-inch coaxial speakers located in the instrument panel
- Two 3.5-inch and 1-inch coaxial speakers located in the front doors
- Two 6-by-9-inch speakers located in the front doors
- Two 6-by-9-inch speakers located in the rear doors
- Two 3.5-inch and 1-inch coaxial speakers located in the headliner
- One 10-inch enclosed subwoofer behind the rear seat (passenger side)
- One 12-channel boosted Class-D amplifier
- Four ANC microphones
The new 2021 Ram TRX features a 7-inch TFT cluster that is exclusive to the model, as well as a lit TRX badge and unique TRX colors and graphics with reconfigurable gauges. The same graphics appear on the 12-inch Uconnect 4C screen, too. This is the first time that Drive Modes and Off-Road Performance Pages are displayed on the 12-inch Uconnect 4C screen.
The driver information display offers a wide range of customization options, from basic speed readout to specific vehicle status information. Operation of the display is clearly communicated to users with easy-to-understand icons and instructions. Using buttons on the steering wheel, drivers can customize the screen with as much or as little information as they desire. The intuitive system can be arranged for a variety of views. The four corners of the display can be customized to show information at a glance, including average and current fuel economy, trip A/B, trailer trip, trailer brake, oil temperature, battery voltage, oil life, outside temperature, distance to empty, time and compass direction. Additionally, two side barrel gauges display a portion of each of the four corners, including a menu screen.
Once the main screen is chosen, it becomes the default setting, remembering the user’s selection upon restarting the vehicle. Vehicle concerns are instantly reported to the driver via pop-up warning messages on the display. Vehicle messages are automatically stored so a driver can review them at their convenience.
Reinforcing TRX’s performance chops, an all-new Head-up Display unit makes its debut on an FCA vehicle and can show up to five different content areas at once. The Head-up Display is available on the TR 1 and TR 2 interiors and is a full-color unit that’s accessible through the 12-inch Uconnect 4C touchscreen. Once in the options menu, the user can drag and drop what is shown and where to show it. There are a few different configurations that allow the Head-up Display to show up to five different areas of interest, including Lane Departure, Lane Keep Assist, adaptive cruise control, turn-by-turn navigation, current speed, current gear and speed limit.
Compatible device connectivity
To ensure that passengers remain conveniently connected, 2021 Ram TRX owners can manage their personal device connectivity with a plethora of electronic charging options. Located in the reimagined center console, a wide docking area offers an optional integrated wireless charging pad that can hug a small tablet or multiple smartphones. To keep devices charged, there are five USB ports (three are located in front of the center console and two are located in the back). Three of the USB ports are fully functioning and communicate with the Uconnect interface while the other two USB ports are charge only. Four of the five USB ports are Type C ports that allow devices to be charged up to four times faster than standard USB outlets.
The Uconnect 4C NAV system with 12-inch display offers navigation as a standard feature and includes 3D imagery of landmarks, city models and digital terrain. The large 12-inch display delivers directions, lane guidance and points of interest. The displays support multi-touch gestures with pinch, tap and swipe capability. The fourth-generation Uconnect system features enhanced graphics and a one-step, voice-entry system, so TRX customers can easily speak the address and navigate on the go.
SiriusXM All Access Satellite Radio
The 2021 Ram TRX comes equipped with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and a one-year subscription to the premium All Access Package, providing customers with more than 150 channels of programming, including commercial-free music, every NFL, MLB and NBA game, Howard Stern, every NASCAR race, entertainment, news and comedy, plus access to SiriusXM content on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at siriusxm.com.
SiriusXM Travel Link
The Uconnect navigation on the 12-inch display is equipped with SiriusXM Travel Link to help make every trip more efficient. Drivers will enjoy a five-year subscription to services like fuel prices, national weather information, sports scores and movie listings.
SiriusXM Traffic Plus
Also available with a five-year subscription, SiriusXM Traffic Plus works with the vehicle’s navigation system to display traffic speed, flow information and accident information to assist drivers in routing around congested areas. Services provided include traffic speed, accidents, construction, road closures, alternate route guidance and mapping.
SiriusXM Guardian Connected Services with Uconnect mobile app
SiriusXM Guardian delivers advanced in-vehicle connectivity and useful apps for drivers and passengers. Features and services include:
Ram Truck Brand
- In the event of a minor collision, medical or other emergency, the occupant can press the SOS button located on the rearview mirror to be connected to a trained call center agent who can send emergency assistance to the vehicle’s GPS location
- Should the vehicle run out of fuel, get a flat tire or need a tow, pushing the Assist button can pinpoint vehicle location for assistance
- The vehicle can be started from virtually anywhere with the Uconnect mobile app to warm or cool vehicle temperature before occupants enter
- Uconnect mobile app can easily search, map and send locations directly to the vehicle’s Uconnect navigation system
- In-vehicle 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot provides in-vehicle wireless internet connectivity to user's laptop, tablet or smartphone and supports up to eight mobile devices (includes a three-month/1-gigabyte subscription)
In 2009, the Ram Truck brand launched as a stand-alone division, focused on meeting the demands of truck buyers and delivering benchmark-quality vehicles. With a full lineup of trucks, the Ram 1500, 2500/3500 Heavy Duty, 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab and ProMaster, the Ram brand builds trucks that get the hard work done and families where they need to go.
Ram continues to outperform the competition and sets the benchmarks for:
- 1,075 lb.-ft. of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Towing capacity of 37,090 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Segment first 1,000 lb.-ft of torque with Cummins Turbo Diesel
- Payload of 7,680 lbs. with Ram 3500
- Most luxurious: Ram Limited with real wood, real leather and 12-inch Uconnect touchscreen
- Best ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- The most cargo space available in any traditional full size cargo van
- Most capable full-size off-road pickup – Ram Power Wagon
- Ram 1500 TRX is the quickest, fastest and most powerful mass-produced pickup truck in the world
- Most awarded light-duty truck in America
- Highest owner loyalty of any half-ton pickup
The latest J.D. Power APEAL study
, which rates the emotional bond between customers and their vehicles, named the 2022 Ram 1500 as the best vehicle in the large light-duty pickup category. This marks the third straight year Ram 1500 has received top honors.
The Ram 1500 lineup includes the Know & Go mobile app featuring an immersive experience for customers who want to learn more about their vehicles.
Ram is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com
Follow Ram and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Ram Truck brand: www.ramtrucks.com