February 24, 2021,
Auburn Hills, Mich.
The 2021 Jeep® Wrangler Rubicon 392
– packed with 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque from its 6.4-liter V-8, full-time 4x4, functional hood scoop, a dual-mode performance exhaust, and a long list of premium features standard, including a sport steering wheel with shift paddles and leather-covered performance seats – is on-road and off-road ready with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $73,500 (excluding $1,495 destination) for this launch edition.
“Our Jeep enthusiasts asked us for a Wrangler powered by a V-8 engine, and we listened. The result is the quickest and most powerful Jeep Wrangler yet, loaded with standard off-road performance features that make this Jeep Wrangler incredibly capable of covering the most rugged terrain,” said Jim Morrison, Vice President, Jeep Brand North America. “This new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 broadens the meaning of Jeep Wrangler 4x4 capability and gives off-road enthusiasts something they can’t get anywhere else backed by the factory: V-8 performance and a 0-60 time of 4.5 seconds.”
In addition to the standard 392-cubic-inch, 470-horsepower V-8 engine, the Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition is loaded with standard equipment, including two Wrangler exclusives:
- A functional hood scoop connected to the tri-level Hydro-Guide™ air intake system feeds the V-8 engine with cooler, outside air and separates water – up to 15 gallons per minute – to enable the Rubicon 392 to traverse water up to 32.5 inches deep
- An active dual-mode exhaust delivers an unmistakable sound. The system engages automatically, opening valves in the exhaust system, under higher engine loads to reduce exhaust back pressure. The driver can also activate the system with the press of a button
Chassis changes include a 2-inch factory lift, upgraded frame rails, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes and FOX high-performance shocks. The Wrangler Rubicon 392 masters low-speed downhill descents by using the V-8’s engine braking, revised transmission torque converter lockup control and a 48:1 crawl ratio to manage vehicle speed without the driver needing to use the brake pedal.
Inside, the interior includes leather seats with bronze Rubicon 392 stitching and performance-inspired, integrated upper bolsters and a leather-wrapped, performance steering wheel with wheel-mounted paddle shifters, a first for the Jeep Wrangler. The Uconnect system projects on a standard 8.4-inch screen and includes Jeep Off-road Pages that allow owners to monitor pitch, roll, altitude, GPS coordinates, drivetrain power distribution and more.
The well-equipped Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition is also loaded with features that include:
- Leather interior
- Body-color hardtop
- Body-color flares
- Infotainment Group
- HD electrical switch bank
- Steel Bumper Group
- Cold Weather Group
- LED Lighting Group
- Remote proximity entry
- Safety Group
- Advanced Safety Group
In addition, customers can add the following options to the Wrangler Rubicon 392 launch edition: Dual Door Group, Dual Top Group, Sky One-Touch Power Top and Integrated Off-road Camera, Trailer Tow Package and 285/70R17C BF Goodrich KO2 All-Terrain Outline White Letter or 285/70R17C Falken Wildpeak M/T tires.
The new 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 is scheduled to start arriving in dealerships this quarter of this year.
Jeep Wave Customer Care Program
Jeep Wave is a premium owner loyalty program filled with benefits and exclusive perks created to give Jeep owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The Jeep Wave customer service program is available to the entire 2021 model-year Jeep brand lineup.
Jeep Wave program highlights include:
- Three years of worry-free maintenance at Jeep dealerships, including oil changes and tire rotations
- 24/7 support via phone or online chat
- Trip interruption and first-day loaner coverage
- VIP access to select, exclusive Jeep brand events
Built on more than 80 years of legendary heritage, Jeep is the authentic SUV brand that brings capability, craftsmanship and versatility to people who seek extraordinary journeys. The Jeep brand delivers an open invitation to live life to the fullest by offering a broad portfolio of vehicles that continues to provide owners with a sense of safety and security to handle any journey with confidence. The Jeep vehicle range consists of the Cherokee, Compass, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee, new three-row Grand Cherokee L, Grand Cherokee 4xe, Renegade and Wrangler and Wrangler 4xe. Jeep Wave, a premium owner loyalty and customer care program that is available to the entire Jeep 4x4 lineup, is filled with benefits and exclusive perks to deliver Jeep brand owners the utmost care and dedicated 24/7 support. The legendary Jeep brand's off-road capability is enhanced by a global electrification initiative that is transforming 4xe into new 4x4 in pursuit of the brand’s vision of accomplishing Zero Emission Freedom. All Jeep brand vehicles will offer an electrified variant by 2025.
Follow Jeep and company news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Jeep brand: www.jeep.com