Head of Software Business and Product Management - Global, Americas and Asia, Stellantis
Mamatha Chamarthi is Head of Software Business and Product Management - Global, Americas and Asia, Stellantis. She was appointed to this position in April 2021. Chamarthi also has cross-functional program leadership responsibility for connectivity and infotainment, ensuring the company develops and delivers software solutions that exceed customer expectations.
Previously she was Chief Information Officer, FCA - North America and Asia Pacific, a role she held since April 2019. In this position, Chamarthi led the company's digital transformation from a traditional full-line automotive company to a customer-centric mobility company. Chamarthi also oversaw all information technology applications and infrastructure in support of business units located in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Asia Pacific.
She is also the executive sponsor of the FCA Asians Connected Together Business Resource Group (BRG). FCA supports 11 employee-driven BRGs dedicated to pursuing projects that enhance the FCA work culture, focusing on networking and mentoring, celebrating multicultural differences and engaging external communities through volunteer and charitable activities.
Her work and academic background includes:
Chamarthi serves on multiple boards, including the ChampionX (CHX) Public Board, Health Alliance Plan of Michigan, Gartner Research Board, Enterprise 50, and Midwest Technology Leaders Board. She also has been named one of Automotive News' 100 Leading Women in the North American Auto Industry for 2020; 2020 CIO of the Year by MichiganCIO; Top 25 Finalist for Breakthrough Leaders by CIO magazine; Premier 100 IT Leader by Computerworld; and a Technology All-Star by the Women of Color in Technology Institute.
- 2021 - current, Head of Business and Product Management - Global, Americas and Asia, Stellanis
- 2019 - 2021, Chief Information Officer, FCA - North America and Asia Pacific
- 2014 - 2019, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer / Chief Digital Officer / Head of India Technology Center, ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- 2010 - 2013, Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Consumers Energy / CMS Energy
- 2006 - 2010, Daimler Financial Services
- 2007, Director, Point of Sale Systems
- 2006, Manager, Point of Sale Systems
- 1998 - 2006, Chrysler LLC, DaimlerChrysler
- 2003, Manager, Volume Planning Systems
- 2000, Manager, Global E-Business Strategy and Application Development
- 1998, Project Manager, Post-Merger Technology Integration
- 1996 - 1998, Senior Consultant, Chrysler Corporation, World Class Technology, Inc.
- 1993 - 1995, Market Research Analyst, Kalki Group
Chamarthi holds a Master of Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Business at Northwestern University (2008), a Master of Science in Computer Science and Software Engineering from Oakland University (2003), a Masters Certificate in Project Management from the George Washington University (2002), a Master of Business Administration from SV University (1995) and a Master of Arts in English from Osmania University (1990).
Chamarthi was born in Hyderabad, India.